Mozuud.org (referred to as ‘the site’ or ‘we/us’ or ‘Mozuud’) is operated by the Mozuud Freedom Foundation which is registered as a federally-incorporated Canadian not-for-profit organization. Mozuud offers this website, its information and tools, and its communications systems as a service to you (referred to as 'Service' or 'The Service' or 'Mozuud Service') to assist us in carrying out our mission of bringing our collective voices to bear in the service of world change.
We do not knowingly collect information from children that could identify them. By using The Service, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence, OR that you are the age of majority in your state or province of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependants to use the Service.
We do our very best to safeguard your information, but no system is perfect, including those that are online. We wish we could, but we just can’t guarantee you 100% security. You must accept the possibility that any information you give us could be compromised, and agree that you provide it at your own risk.
When you provide your contact information to us or connect your social media account(s) to our website you are authorizing us to count you as a ‘Member’ in our statistics and to send you electronic campaign messages and updates that may contain donation requests and other commercial offers (i.e. a T-shirt available for sale in the Mozuud store) that support our work. You may unsubscribe at any time--instructions can be found in the 'Your Mozuud Account' section, #6 below.
2. 'No Spam' Policy
Mozuud does not send electronic commercial messages to you without your consent. We do not buy or rent email lists. You can only be added to our database through your personal use of our Service’s online tools, or manually by a direct request or a consent to a staff member or volunteer.
When you provide your email address to us, you are authorizing us to include you as a ‘Member’ in our statistics and to send you updates that may contain donation requests and other commercial offers (i.e. an advertisement for a T-shirt available for sale in the Mozuud store) that support our work. You may unsubscribe at any time using any of the methods outlined below in ‘Your Mozuud Account.’
3. Information we collect
We collect information from you directly and via industry-standard web data tracking methods. Depending on how you use our system, the information that we may collect and use includes the following:
- Your name, street address, state/province, country, postal code.
- Your phone number
- Your email address
- Your mobile device number if you use texting functions.
- Your Facebook and Twitter account identification and information that is shared with us/by us should you decide to connect those accounts with your Mozuud account.
- Information about your usage of the site. We use “cookies” and other non-identifying tools, including those from third parties (i.e. Google Analytics), to help us compile and understand user/member usage, and to provide better services to users and members. (Cookies are small files installed by us on your computer to, for example, help you return to a page without having to sign in again.). This data includes information that your browser transmits automatically, including: computer operating system, browser type and version.
- Information obtained when you fill out various forms on the website including, but not limited to, those related to petitions, surveys, comments, volunteerism, donations, member registration, and ‘contact us’ forms.
- Your IP (Internet Protocol) address. This number is given to your computer by your internet provider, and it may be captured and stored automatically in our system when you use our site along with any pages you visit. Your IP address makes it possible to identify your computer and general location.
- Our emails may contain an identification code that helps us track a user’s interaction with the system.
- Your profile picture, should you choose to upload it.
- Other images you might send us.
- Information obtained from interacting with you on or offline.
- Information obtained via web research, public records, and from third party data providers to whom you have consented to sharing of data.
4. Why we collect this information
The information we collect is used:
- To ensure that our website and communications display and operate properly;
- To prevent fraud, misrepresentation and misuse by Members or visitors.
- To ensure that we are representing our number of Members accurately.
- To provide an efficient, appealing, and personalized service to you as you interact with us;
- To understand the issues that you and other members care about, and share that information as needed to underscore the need for change.
- To provide the tools necessary for you to help us carry out our mission of changing the world.
5. Who, what and when we share information
We never sell or rent any of our members’ information to third parties for any purpose whatsoever.
We share your information with third party individuals or groups necessary to make our business infrastructure work, including our website and email platform provider(s) and ecommerce credit card processor.
We share certain information with third party “targets” of our campaigns. These are individuals or groups necessary to accomplish our mission to influence the public and decision makers. These include politicians, bureaucrats, business leaders, news outlets, and other groups and individuals that are contacted should you choose to use our Service's tools and features to help us succeed in that mission.
Information we WILL NOT make public unless you specifically give permission to do so:
- Your email address, street address, or phone number.
Information we MAY decide to make public:
- Your full name, city, state/province with any comments you have provided and which were intended for public consumption.
- Your first name, city, province/state and any comments you have provided whether or not you specifically intended them for public consumption.
Information we MAY decide to make available privately to third parties:
- Your email, street address, phone number and comments. For example, a journalist or politician may want to verify that you have, indeed, signed a petition. Or, you might decide to use our email function (when available) to have us send email on your behalf.
Information we MAY decide to make available to our volunteers:
- Any information held by Mozuud that is judged necessary by us for the volunteer to carry out their assigned function.
- Online credit card donations: We use an industry-standard secure credit processing system provided by a reputable third party. We do not have access to, nor do we store, your credit card information. The only information available to Mozuud’s administrators is the name on the card (i.e. JOHN VELEZ), the provider of the card (i.e. VISA), and the last four digits (i.e. 4567). This information is retained to facilitate good customer service and record keeping.
- Offline donations, i.e. by telephone or personal check: We only retain credit card and banking information necessary to help us process and account for the transaction. We do not retain your credit card information.
- All donations will be used for the specific transaction intended.
- In addition to displaying your signature on our website, we compile lists of signatures into electronic and/or paper formats for delivery to targets.
- We MAY make public your full name, city, state and comments, if any.
- We WILL NOT make public your street address, email, or phone number.
- We MAY transmit your full name, city, street address, state/province to petition targets.
- We WILL NOT transmit your email or phone number to targets without your permission.
- We may, from time to time, allow you to use the Mozuud Service to send messages via email to targets (politicians, bureaucrats, company leaders, journalists, media outlets etc.). The system will only send messages with your personal, individual approval. It will send them as though you were sending them personally with your name and email address displayed in the header.
These emails may also include your other contact information such as your street address and phone number.
We are not responsible for the content of any messages you send. We are not responsible for any use of your email address or contact information by the target.
- We MAY make public your first name, city, province/state and any messages you have sent.
- We WILL NOT make public your full name, street address, email, or phone number unless you have given us permission to do so.
- We MAY make public your first name, city, province/state and any comments you have provided.
- The results of our surveys MAY be made available to the public.
- If you have provided your telephone number to us (never required), our staff or volunteers might call you to help out on a campaign.
- If you have provided a phone number to us and wish to remove it from our records, just send an email to email@example.com with the subject as 'Remove Phone #' and we’ll take care of it ASAP, but please allow us up to 14 days.
6. Your Mozuud account
CHANGING YOUR ACCOUNT INFORMATION:
You can easily access and change your account information and profile after logging in to the site with your password. Just click on the “gear” icon below your name in the right side margin. This will take you to the ‘YOUR MOZUUD ACCOUNT’ page.
UNSUBSCRIBING FROM EMAILS:
You can unsubscribe from our emails at any time using one of the following methods that will stop all new emails from us within 1 hour.
- Use the Unsubscribe link at the bottom of the emails we send;
- Log in to your account with your password. Then click on the 'gear' icon below your name in the right side margin to access the 'YOUR MOZUUD ACCOUNT' page. Scroll down to the 'Private Settings' section near the bottom and uncheck the box beside 'Receive emails.' You can opt back in at any time. You can also opt in or out of receiving text messages as well.
- Use the Unsubscribe form on the UNSUBSCRIBE page. The link to this form also appears in the right side margin of Mozuud.org when you are logged in to your account;
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “UNSUBSCRIBE” in the Subject line.
NOTE: This will not stop scheduled bulk emails in the pipeline, so please bear with us if you receive one or two more emails after unsubscribing.
UNSUBSCRIBING FROM TEXT MESSAGES:
Simply text STOP to 16474960470. To re-subscribe, text JOIN to 16474960470.
DELETING YOUR MOZUUD RECORD COMPLETELY:
We may have more information about you than can be displayed on the ‘YOUR MOZUUD ACCOUNT’ page. If you would like us to delete your entire record and all information associated with it (not recoverable), first ‘unsubscribe’ as described above to stop emails as soon as possible. Then, send an email to email@example.com with 'DELETE RECORD' in the Subject line.
Please allow us 14 days to remove your record; in most cases, it will be done much sooner. We may need to verify your identity.
DISCONNECTING YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNT FROM MOZUUD
Log in to your social media account dashboard to disconnect the account from Mozuud.
For security reasons, it is important that you agree that you will not share your password with other people.
8. Legal Issues
In the event that we have reason to believe that a member or members are treating us, other members, our system, or others outside Mozuud in an illegal manner, these situations may require us to contact government authorities or initiate legal action ourselves. In this case, we may choose or be required to release personal information to the authorities and/or our legal representatives.
Your information WILL BE released in accordance with a valid order from a Canadian court, or from any other court whose orders are enforceable in Canada.
Your information MAY BE released, at our sole discretion, in accordance with a valid order from a court of any country listed as 'Free' in the most recent edition of the FreedomHouse.org annual Freedom in the World report, even though such an order may not be enforceable in Canada.
Your information WILL NOT be released in accordance with an order from another country’s court where a) the order is not enforceable in Canada and b) the country is listed as 'Partly Free' or 'Not Free' in the most recent edition of the FreedomHouse.org annual Freedom in the World report.
9. Links to other websites and people
10. Transfer of information across borders
Although Mozuud is registered in Canada, we are a global organization. We collect data from citizens of many countries, and we may store or process it in others. By using the platform you are consenting to possible transfer of your information outside your own country where you reside.
We reserve the right to change this policy at any time at our sole discretion without notice, so you should review it regularly. We will announce any major changes on the home page of this site.
12. If you have a question
Contact our Privacy Officer by regular mail, by email with 'Privacy' in the Subject line, or by phone:
Mozuud Freedom Foundation
Attention: Privacy Officer
Geoffrey Clarfield, Executive Director
2797 John Street, Markham, Ontario, Canada L3R 2Y8
Please do not include sensitive or credit card information when you write to us via email.
The Bottom Line on Privacy…
The bottom line is that we can’t guarantee perfection, but we do our best to protect your privacy while working with you to make the changes you want to see in our world.
TERMS OF SERVICE
Mozuud.org (referred to as ‘the site’ or ‘we/us/our’ or ‘Mozuud’) is operated by the Mozuud Freedom Foundation which is registered as a federally-incorporated Canadian not-for-profit organization. Mozuud offers this website, its information and tools, and its communication systems as a service to you (referred to as 'Service' or ‘The Service’ or ‘Mozuud Service’) to assist us in carrying out our mission of bringing our collective voices to bear in the service of world change.
By using The Service, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence, OR that you are the age of majority in your state or province of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependants to use the Service.
We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to add, withdraw, alter, or restrict access to any of the services or content on the Mozuud site without notice or liability. We shall not be liable to you or to any third-party for any modification, price change, suspension or discontinuance of The Service.
3. Your Information Must Be Accurate
Mozuud’s credibility and power to influence relies on our targets believing that our Members are bonafide supporters; real people, not anonymous ghosts. You agree to identify yourself, where requested, with your full legal name (first and last name will do nicely, thanks!) and to ensure that all information provided to us by you is accurate. If you use false or incomplete names you run the risk of having your account deleted.
4. Website Security
You agree not to share your log-in information with others.
You agree to log out of your account when you are done by using the exit icon (thick arrow pointing to right) underneath your name on the right hand side of the page.
You agree to notify us immediately if there is an unauthorized use of your log-in information. You agree to notify us immediately if you become aware of any other breach of security to the Mozuud website.
We cannot guarantee that our website, communication system and associated files are free of viruses. We are not liable for any losses or damages caused by an attack on our web system and supporting equipment and databases. You need to use anti-virus protection for your computer.
5. Personal Security
We do not perform any background checks or other monitoring on Members or users of The System, so if you decide to interact with other users, you should be careful and understand that doing so is at your own risk. You agree that Mozuud is not liable to you in any way for the results of your interactions with other Members.
6. Prohibited Uses of the Mozuud Service
You understand and agree that you are not allowed to use The Service for any of the following purposes:
- To engage in unlawful conduct.
- To do anything that exposes Mozuud to criminal or civil liability.
- To engage in any commercially-related conduct.
- To interfere with use of the website by visitors or Members or the management team.
- To damage the website, its servers, connected computers or our databases.
- To copy the website or our communications manually or via malware.
- To capture or attempt to capture personal information of users or Members.
- To send spam or junk-mail to users, Members or management.
- To post defamatory or malicious comments about others.
- To post obscene, indecent, violent, racist or other offensive content.
- To falsely imply support for your views or content by Mozuud.
- To violate the intellectual property rights of Mozuud or another person or organization.
- To misrepresent your identity to Mozuud or to others.
- To misrepresent your ability to speak for a group or organization.
- To copy or reproduce content from The Service without express written permission by us.
7. Termination; Refusal of Service
In order to protect us, our Members, our visitors and our system, Mozuud reserves the right, at our sole discretion, to deny you access to the site and/or to delete your account and/or content for any reason without notice or liability.
The obligations and liabilities of the parties incurred prior to the termination date shall survive the termination of this agreement for all purposes.
If your account or content has been deleted and you feel that we have acted unfairly please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
When you choose to donate using our main donation page, donations are, by default, recurring donations that are automatically charged monthly to your credit card. For example: '$4' equals $4 per month every month until you choose to cancel it.
We value your donation very much, so we spend as little as possible on non-campaign expenses, but they are necessary to keep our organization alive and fighting for the change you want to see. We cannot guarantee that your specific donation will be used for campaign expenses.
In the case of donations for specific campaigns (i.e. 'Help us raise $5,000 for a billboard to raise awareness about persecuted Yezidis in Iraq'), you agree that Mozuud can use your donation to support similar campaigns and/or other critical work if your contribution can't be used for the purpose you specify, either because of over-subscription or for another unforeseen reason. These donation pages are separate from the main donation page, and are created to fulfil the needs of a specific campaign.
9. Don’t Use Our Trademarks Without Permission
We’re very pleased that you want to be part of our mission to make changes to the world, but we have to be very careful to protect our name. The Mozuud name, any other names used or owned by Mozuud, our logo, slogan (One World. One Voice), services, and products are all trademarks owned by the Mozuud Freedom Foundation. You are not allowed to use them without obtaining written permission prior to using them.
For example, let’s say you downloaded our logo and put it on a t-shirt; you’ve just violated our trademark and the law. Now, let’s say you get photographed at a protest event for a cause that we do not support. Not only have you violated our trademark and the law, you may also have given Mozuud a black eye in the media by misrepresenting our support, or lack thereof. Please respect our trademarks.
The content in our website and communications, unless otherwise noted, is copyrighted and may not be used without prior written permission.
10. Posting Your Content
In some cases we may allow you to post comments or other content (‘Content’) that may be read by the public or other Members. This content does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Mozuud and we are not liable to any third party for your content. You are solely responsible for the content of anything you post, and you agree to accept full responsibility and liability for it in every respect, including but not limited to its lawfulness and accuracy. You agree that you will indemnify and hold harmless Mozuud and our associated partners, affiliates and associates for your material.
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, and without notice, to remove your content and to terminate your account.
We have the right to use and distribute any of your content to any other party in order to help accomplish our mission.
11. Information on Our Site
We are not responsible if information made available on this site is not accurate, complete or current. The material on this site is provided for general information only and should not be relied upon or used as the sole basis for making decisions without consulting primary, more accurate, more complete or more timely sources of information. Any reliance on the material on this site is at your own risk.
This site may contain certain historical information. Historical information, necessarily, is not current and is provided for your reference only. We reserve the right to modify the contents of this site at any time, but we have no obligation to update any information on our site. You agree that it is your responsibility to monitor changes to our site.
12. Optional Tools; New Tools, Services and Features
We may provide you with access to third-party tools over which we neither monitor nor have any control nor input.
You acknowledge and agree that we provide access to such tools ”as is” and “as available” without any warranties, representations or conditions of any kind and without any endorsement. We shall have no liability whatsoever arising from or relating to your use of optional third-party tools.
Any use by you of optional tools offered through the site is entirely at your own risk and discretion and you should ensure that you are familiar with and approve of the terms on which tools are provided by the relevant third-party provider(s).
We may also, in the future, offer new services and/or features through The Service (including the release of new tools and resources). Such new features and/or services shall also be subject to these Terms of Service.
13. Links to Other Websites and People
Certain content, products and services available via our Service may include those from third-parties.
Please review carefully the third-party's policies and practices and make sure you understand them before you engage in any transaction or rely on the information provided. Complaints, claims, concerns, or questions regarding third-party services or content should be directed to the third-party.
14. No Warranties; Limitations on Liability
You agree that your use of the Mozuud website is at your own risk without any warranty of any kind. Mozuud, its officers, directors, employees, partners, affiliates and other associates will not be liable to you for damages of any kind, no matter how caused, nor will we be liable to others that may be affected by your use or inability to use the site.
We do not guarantee, represent or warrant that your use of our Service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or error-free. Although it is our goal to keep the website available at all times, there will be interruptions to service for planned and unplanned maintenance and updates. We are not liable to you or others for any losses or damage that may occur during these interruptions.
We do not warrant that the results that may be obtained from the use of The Service will be accurate or reliable.
You agree that from time to time we may remove The Service for indefinite periods of time or cancel the service at any time, without notice to you.
You expressly agree that your use of, or inability to use, The Service is at your sole risk. The Service and all products and services delivered to you through the service are (except as expressly stated by us) provided 'as is' and 'as available' for your use, without any representation, warranties or conditions of any kind, either express or implied, including all implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, merchantable quality, fitness for a particular purpose, durability, title, and non-infringement.
In no case shall Mozuud, our directors, officers, employees, affiliates, agents, contractors, interns, suppliers, service providers or licensors be liable for any injury, loss, claim, or any direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, special, or consequential damages of any kind, including, without limitation lost profits, lost revenue, lost savings, loss of data, replacement costs, or any similar damages, whether based in contract, tort (including negligence), strict liability or otherwise, arising from your use of any of the service or any products procured using the service, or for any other claim related in any way to your use of the service or any product, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any content, or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of the service or any content (or product) posted, transmitted, or otherwise made available via the service, even if advised of their possibility. Because some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or the limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages, in such states or jurisdictions, our liability shall be limited to the maximum extent permitted by law.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Mozuud and our parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, officers, directors, agents, contractors, licensors, service providers, subcontractors, suppliers, interns and employees, harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, made by any third-party due to or arising out of your breach of these Terms of Service or the documents they incorporate by reference, or your violation of any law or the rights of a third-party.
In the event that any provision of these Terms of Service is determined to be unlawful, void or unenforceable, such provision shall nonetheless be enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, and the unenforceable portion shall be deemed to be severed from these Terms of Service, such determination shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any other remaining provisions.
17. Failure to enforce
The failure of us to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms of Service shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
18. Courts of Jurisdiction
In the event of any legal action arising related to The Service, such action shall be brought solely before a federal Canadian or Ontario court of appropriate jurisdiction located within the limits of the City of Toronto proper in the Province of Ontario. We, however, have the right to bring legal action against you in any country we deem appropriate, including your home country. You agree to waive all objections about jurisdiction before the courts.
19. This is the Only Agreement Between Us
Any ambiguities in the interpretation of these Terms of Service shall not be construed against the drafting party.
20. If You Have Questions
Mozuud Freedom Foundation
2797 John Street, Markham, Ontario, Canada L3R 2Y8
Please do not include sensitive information or credit card numbers when you write to us via email.
Now…let’s change the world together!